#1 Facts about peppers.
- Red peppers are unusually rich in vitamin C, and that paprika made from them retains more vitamin C by weight than even lemon juice. Paprika is also high in other antioxidants.
- Red bell peppers are simply fully ripened green bell peppers. Yellow bell peppers, however, are different cultivars.
- Trinidad Moruga Scorpion chili, the world’s hottest chili pepper can burn its way through protective latex gloves.
- In early civilisations such as the Incas, Mayans and Aztecs chilli peppers were used as a currency.
- Chili Day is celebrated on the fourth Thursday in February on the grounds that hot food is most needed in a cold month.
In our next post, AG Holding will tell you about most expencive spices and herbs.
Interesting Facts About Herbs and Spices